In our Tiny Steps Academy, the children quickly acquire knowledge as a result of a well-planned curriculum linked to key skills.
Emphasis is placed on speaking and listening to all aspects of the curriculum to enable the children to develop strong communication skills. For example, in our Tiny Steps Academy, staff ensure that family worker time focuses on speaking and listening and key vocabulary through:
- Marvellous me!
- Check-in (a discussion about their feelings)
- Early mark making activities
- Talk for writing
- Phase 1 phonics activities
- Sweet dreams bedtime stories and rhyme time.
In addition to this talk, the partner is a feature of all family worker sessions.
Speaking and listening are also developed through discrete programs such as:
- Differentiated Early Talker Activities