The Enhanced Resource Provision (ERP) based at Haxby Road Academy promotes the development of students with Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN) and Communication and Interaction needs associated with Autism (ASC) by providing an additionally resourced special educational service within a mainstream primary school.
The ERP is a is a 26 place specialist provision which offers equality of opportunity and access to a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum suited to the individual needs of each student. It prioritises social contact with peers within the school day to enable shared learning and a range of educational experiences to take place.
The provision comprises of specialist teaching within Haxby Road Primary Academy and outreach support to the child’s local homeschool from specialist teachers and teaching assistants. We have 3 classrooms each with a maximum of 13 children ranging from Year 1 through to Year 6.
Some children attend mornings only and benefit from a fully resourced, secure and safe environment based within a mainstream school. Learning continues at the home (local) school in the afternoon. While others access the ERP for the full day dipping into mainstream classes in the afternoon where appropriate.
In March 2018 Haxby Road ERP for Communication and Interaction has successfully achieved ‘The Balanced System’ accreditation as Centre of Excellence for supporting speech, language and communication.
- liaise with other education and health professionals to promote appropriate assessment, therapy and teaching
- meet regularly with staff from the homeschool for liaison and planning
- work closely with parents in order to provide a supportive, informative and collaborative partnership
The ERP provides:
- Access to resources;
- Individual and small group teaching, where appropriate;
- Teaching and non-teaching support within the classroom;
- In-service training for all staff;
- A staff/student ratio relating to the respective needs of ERP students;
- Regular monitoring of the needs of students and staff;
- Regular contact with students’ families;
- Collaborative working with relevant agencies;
- An inclusive ethos focused on the unique needs of each student.
Please read our prospectus for further details.