Children have access to beautiful indoor and outdoor environments, all day long, all year round. They have long periods of time when they can play both inside and out, observed carefully by our staff. We strongly believe children learn best through play and so we make sure that the environments they play in are well planned, organised and resourced with clean, high-quality resources to promote high-quality engagement.
The children are so lucky to have a dedicated physical movement lesson once a week by our specialist PE teacher. This session is either indoors in the upstairs gym or outside on the field.
“The early years provide a wealth of opportunities for children to explore, engage in and enjoy.Areas of learning, indoors and outdoors, are well organised and inviting. They give opportunitiesfor children to lead their own investigations through practical, first- hand experiences.”– Ofsted Report, December 2016
We have three indoor learning environments:
Our Green Room offers:
- TLC table (toast, love and care)
- Baking and cooking
- Large construction
- Small Construction
- Small world
- Imaginative play
- ICT including cameras
- Computer and an interactive whiteboard.
Our Yellow Room offers:
- Playdough and malleable area
- Busy Fingers
- Writing Den
- Home corner
- Mathematical exploration area
- Three computers and an interactive whiteboard.
Our Blue Room offers:
- Wet/dry sand area
- Water and sensory area
- Creative including clay and collage
- Role Play
- Exploration and Scientific discovery
- Music, Movement and Dance.
We are also lucky to have a calming room which offers:
- Stories and puppets
- Spider Reading and Listening Den
- Zone to relax.
Our outdoor environment offers:
- Large construction area with crates and planks
- Musical stage
- Water zone
- Mud Kitchen
- Herb bed
- Den and Camping
- Fairy Land
- Small world animal bed
- Digging and building
- Grow It beds
- A large physical area for games
- Chill out benches.